cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taarelay
Level 2

IS 2022

We are in the process of upgrading from 2015 to 2022 in order to support a Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade.

We have hit a few snags that we are stuck on.

Context: This is a stand alone network. There is no internet, there never was an internet, there never will be an internet. (Some people seem to have issues with this concept so I'm stating it explicitly).

1)

We have a build that has been working perfectly for years running in an ADO pipeline. This build has a PERL file that builds the installers for the projects. When testing the pipeline build of the upgrade, instead of generating MSI files, it generated setup.exe files. When you test run it, it states "This was built with an evaluation version of Install shield". However, from the same machine at the command line if you run the build it works perfectly. I can access the dashboard on our license server, all licenses seem intact and there are no reported problems.

Again, this process works fine from the pipeline building the branch that is for IS2015. It does have a different license server because, I'm told, the lic servers are not compatible for 2015 <==> 2022. Strangely I can't seem to get a dashboard for 2015 to compare against.

Research shows the setup.exe file is what happens when you have an evaluation version, but since the license server responds and I can build it manually I know the license server setup is good.

2)

Why is 2022 so slow? Launching it takes about 2-2.5 minutes and our build time went from 1 hour to 5 hours on a windows 11 machine (3 hours on a Win10 machine).

------

Anyone have any ideas / thoughts?

I'd like to solve this and try to preserve what's left of my sanity.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(0) Replies