cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeff_foege
Level 2

IS 2018 SP1 update killed my activiation

During the update of SP1 for 2018 something happened. IS kept wanting to run tsconfig -reactivate but it was crash with no dialog. So I did a repair on it, at least now I get a dialog but it says I've reached my maximum license already even though I'm activating on the same machine that had the license. I've tried to return the license but then I get an "Offline Return Failed - Error 51307 - No Stored request for this response" I clicked on the link and wouldn't you know that error message isn't listed on the page. 

At this point I'm just trying to move IS 2018 to my new build server and I can't. It would be a lot easier if I were able to revoke the license through the License Center but I have to contact support and wait for them. Very frustrating!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @jeff_foege ,

When you say you had moved from one machine to another did you return the license from old machine?:If not below link can help you with:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge/Deactivation-of-InstallShield/ta-p/5281?advanced=false&collapse_discussion=true&filter=includeTkbs,location&include_tkbs=true&location=category:Flexera_Software_Community&q=tsconfig%20return&search_type=thread

" I've reached my maximum license already even though I'm activating on the same machine that had the license"-This would be because of maximum number of allowed tries would have been over.

Please try returning and reactivating again if that doesn't help,i would suggest Flexera support would  be the proper candidate for you to assist with.

Hope you had already contacted them if not:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/Support-Information/Support-Contacts/ta-p/94720

Or you can also contact via mail, support@flexerasoftware.com

Thanks for your patience,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Luckily support got back to me quickly and returned the license for me. I wasn't able to return it myself offline or online. Then I just moved Installshield to my new build server.
0 Kudos