cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmaris
Level 3

IS 2009 crashes when building an IS 11 project

Hi!
I got the evaluation for IS2009 and whenever I try to build my IS 11 project, I get "InstallShield IDE has encountered a problem and needs to close ... " error.
This always happens when _ISUser.dll is compiling
Can someone please help me with this? Thank you!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
Brandon_Lowe
Level 6

I have the same problem with a installshield 2008 project. They have a copy of my project and can duplicate the issue. Last email I got last week said they were working on it.

Brandon
0 Kudos
rmaris
Level 3

Thank you for the reply! I hope they'll do something about it, otherwise there's no reason for me to buy the new version :confused:
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

This is basically the same issue reported in Crash link project msvcr80.dll - installshield 2009

I was able to verify that the project sent to support is encountering the same issue as in the above thread. As mentioned, we should have a fix available in the near future.
0 Kudos
Brandon_Lowe
Level 6

I got an email from support about my crashing after converting a project from 2008 to 2009 and the answer was as follows

It would seem that this crashing issue is a known issue that we're looking to fixing down the line. For a temporary workaround, can you try taking any of your components that use subfolders, and try separating them into different components?

So it is a known issue. I know 2008 did not have the issue. It is a new issue if you ask me. I have about 20 different installs I maintain and they all have sub folders in them. For now 2009 is not going to work and if the issue is not fixed soon I may be done upgrading my installshield.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The issue here is known in that we are aware of what causes the crash. The behavior is breakage from previous versions of InstallShield.

I have posted an updated InstallScript build DLL (PrjMgr.dll) on this thread. Please extract this file to C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\System (make a backup copy of the existing PrjMgr.dll first). Then, reopen InstallShield and try building your project.

Please let me know if this helps.
0 Kudos
rmaris
Level 3

It works, I managed to build the entire project. I hope I won't encounter any other problems.
Thank you!
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

We just released IS2009 SP1 which corrects this issue. Go to the Tools menus and select Check for Updates to get the patch.

The English patch was released today. German and Japanese will be available early next week.
0 Kudos