Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradana
Level 6

ICE48 Warning

Hi,

I compiled my Web Setup project & got this error:
ISDEV : warning ICE48: Directory 'C_' appears to be hardcoded in the property table to a local drive.

C_ is a property with value C:\

In Files and Folders View, C:\CompanyName\AppName is the default installation dir. Apparently the C_ property was created when I created a "C:\" folder in the destination computer folder view.

I would prefer to keep "C:\CompanyName\AppName" as the default directory.

Any idea how to resolve this? This is quite important as we are to test the application for a certification.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
raimundf
Level 2

Yu should never enter hardcoded values in the property table, because its possible that someone does not have a C:\ drive at all, and then your setup will fail.
Initalize the property with 0. Then write a custom action (or set property CA) to set the property to a drive letter. Use Installer properties e.g. ProgramFiles to resolve to the correct path. Again no hardcoded values.
0 Kudos
Lurean
Level 8

if your goal is to ensure that the application is installed onto the same hard drive as windows you can use the predefined folder WindowsVolume if you are installing through a basic MSI project.

--James
0 Kudos
pradana
Level 6

Lurean wrote:
if your goal is to ensure that the application is installed onto the same hard drive as windows you can use the predefined folder WindowsVolume if you are installing through a basic MSI project.

--James

This way gives me another error: :eek:

ISDEV : error ICE99: The directory name: WindowsVolume is the same as one of the MSI Public Properties and can cause unforeseen side effects.
0 Kudos
Lurean
Level 8

did you remove the old public property that refered to the C drive? the properties are not always removed when you remove the directory from the files and folders view.
0 Kudos
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

Use WINDIR in place of C:\. Hope this will work for you.
0 Kudos