cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_Duckworth
Level 5

ICE32 errors

I'm working on getting my installer to pass the Windows certification tests. This error is showing up.
ICE32 Error Possible Mis-Aligned Foreign Keys
ISIISCommon.1 = s50
ISIISMetaData.ISIISCommon_ = s72 _Validation
ICE32 Error Possible Mis-Aligned Foreign Keys
ISIISCommon.1 = s50
ISWebSite.ISIISCommon_ = s72 _Validation

It looks like Installshield has some problems with key names/types. Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
KathyMorey
Level 10

This error has been there since at least IS 12... It apparently doesn't cause any problems in the install.

(There are a couple tables that get errors or warnings when validated. I really wish these could be fixed as I hate having to explain to management that I can safely ignore them because they're "built into" InstallShield...)
0 Kudos
Scott_Duckworth
Level 5

My concern is explaining this to the testing company for certification if they ask.
Acresso, Can this get fixed? Seems really bad when you are going for Windows Certification, and the tool you use to create the installer cannot create an install package that will pass certification.

Thanks for the info and reply Kathy.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

This issue was previously submitted under work order IOC-000070648. To be able to work around the issue at this time, the following changes need to be made:
- Open your project file (assuming it is binary format) in Orca.
- Right-click on the ISIISMetaData table and select Adjust Schema. Change the Length value for the ISIISCommon_ column to 50. Click OK.
- Right-click on the ISWebSite table and select Adjust Schema. Change the Length value for the ISIISCommon_ column to 50. Click OK.
- Save your changes.

Open the file C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\Support\0409\IsMsiPkg.itp in Orca and repeat the same changes made to your project file. If you are building packages with more than 32,768 files, repeat these steps for the IsMsiPkgLarge.itp file in the Support\0409 folder.

After making the above changes, open your project in InstallShield and rebuild.

Note that if you already have shipped a product with the original table schemas, and you intend to patch the existing package, the above schema changes cannot be made or the existing product cannot be patched (patches do not allow differences in existing table column definitions).
0 Kudos
Scott_Duckworth
Level 5

Any idea when this will be fixed?
I'm currently using IS2008. I have not moved to 2009 yet. What release was IOC-000070648 submitted? I would think this one would be important and would be fixed within one release time frame.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The work order was submitted against IS 2009 and is currently scheduled to be resolved for the next release.
0 Kudos
Scott_Duckworth
Level 5

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll wait and see what the certification testing company says if they encounter this. I'll be curious if they run the ICE checks.
0 Kudos