cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christoph
Level 8

ICE validation - unknown component?

I'm running ICE validation on my basic msi project.
I'm getting a lot of ICE38 errors.

Eg. - 'ICE38 ERROR Component _71860BF58F622BB01C49359A491B27F4 installs to user profile. It must use a registry key under HKCU as its KeyPath, not a file.'

My question is how I can find what component '_71860BF58F622BB01C49359A491B27F4' is?? I don't have a component with this name.

I've included a merge module 'CrystalReports' but when opening this merge module with ORCA, it hasn't this component neither...

Any idea where I need to search??
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

THis is component code not of one your component. Click on any of the component and check the code on the properties part.
0 Kudos
Christoph
Level 8

sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

When I click on the error in the orca tool, I'm guided to a record in the component table(see screenshot).

The componentID '{71860BF5-58F6-22BB-01C4-9359A491B27F}' where it refers to, doesn't belong to one of my own components neither.... :confused:

So... where does it get the component with this componentID from??
0 Kudos
TsungH
Level 12

Look under Component_ column of File table, the filename may help you figure out why this component is created. I am guessing you have used dynamic file linking in your project.
0 Kudos
Christoph
Level 8

Indeed... the component is created due to a dynamic 'folderstructure' I've added. It is pointing to a file that is dynamically linked.

So... what do I need to do to resolve these ICE38 errors??

Anyone?
0 Kudos
TsungH
Level 12

If the folder linked dynamically is flat, meaning no subfolders, you can try manually creating a dummy registry entry under HKCU hive and set it as the component key.

If it does contain subfolders, depending on the depth and number of subfolders, it may become impractical to implement for every folder by hand.
0 Kudos