cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garevaul
Level 2

I have these queries before i buy installshield

Hi Couple of things I would like to know about InstallShield Professional Perpetual Edition

1. When you say it is a Perpetual Licence, is it a Pure Perpetual, meaning I will get Updates and Support for 1 year. After that I can Still use the InstallShield Software but without support and upgrades.

2. What after my 1st year of Updates, if I do not opt for renewing my subscription the next year. What if a new version of Windows comes in the market. Will Installshield be able to handle it.

3. Is the Silver Maintenance Pack included in the Cost of 2899$ for the very 1st year of purchase. Or we have to add it to 2899$ when purchasing at the purchase product page.

4. How much is the Renewal Maintenance cost of the Professional Edition after the 1st year.

5. Can I create a Web/Online Installer with Installshield Professional Edition. i.e. Just a Small Web Installer file is downloaded by the Software User and the rest of the Installation files are somewhere on some Web Server location.

6. Is there a discount going on if I purchase the Installshield Professional Edition Immediately.

7. Is all Installations created using Installshield Professional Edition royalty free. i.e. I do not have to pay you anything extra for every installation and deploy I create.

8. I see on the website it says 'Support for .NET Framework 4.5 (32-bit and 64-bit)'. Does it mean if my Application is using Framework 4.8 and Netstandard 2.0 I cannot create the Installer for that application.

Regards
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @garevaul ,

Please check the below link to get about contacts to reach with:
https://www.revenera.com/about-us/contact-us.html

Answering  to the questions:

1. When you say it is a Perpetual Licence, is it a Pure Perpetual, meaning I will get Updates and Support for 1 year. After that I can Still use the InstallShield Software but without support and upgrades
    • Answer:Yes, you can use the purchased edition's support perpetually with support been limited to timeline
  2. What after my 1st year of Updates, if I do not opt for renewing my subscription the next year. What if a new version of Windows comes in the market. Will Installshield be able to handle it.
    • Answer:Not able to comment on future support, however, if the maintenance is renewed then you would receive the next release
  3. Is the Silver Maintenance Pack included in the Cost of 2899$ for the very 1st year of purchase. Or we have to add it to 2899$ when purchasing at the purchase product page
    • Answer:The cost for the 2020 Perpetual node lock license PLUS 1 year of silver maintenance is $3418 USD. 
  4. How much is the Renewal Maintenance cost of the Professional Edition after the 1st year.
    • Answer:The cost to renew the Professional Silver Maintenance is $899 USD.
  5. Can I create a Web/Online Installer with Installshield Professional Edition. i.e. Just a Small Web Installer file is downloaded by the Software User and the rest of the Installation files are somewhere on some Web Server location
    • Answer:Yes,may be you can reach out to us with specifics
  6. Is there a discount going on if I purchase the Installshield Professional Edition Immediately.
    • Answer:You can try contacting Sales
  7. Is all Installations created using Installshield Professional Edition royalty free. i.e. I do not have to pay you anything extra for every installation and deploy I create.
    • Answer:Yes,that is correct!!
  8. I see on the website it says 'Support for .NET Framework 4.5 (32-bit and 64-bit)'. Does it mean if my Application is using Framework 4.8 and Netstandard 2.0 I cannot create the Installer for that application.
    • Answer:Since .NET framework has backward compatibility it will still support lower versions as well.Should not be an issue

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

This reply is not really true, or at least it is not true of Installshield 2012.  That version clearly 'expired' in 2022 and at that time support was withdrawn which is fair enough.  However, the registration server was also shut-down which means that any attempt to install it on a new computer fails as it must register the product before it can be used.  So when my old computer failed I can no longer use the product which I think quite disgraceful.

0 Kudos
IanBrooke
Level 5

It's a bit late I know but I thought you should be aware of this......

The reply is not really true, or at least it is not true of Installshield 2012.  That version clearly 'expired' in 2022 and at that time support was withdrawn which is fair enough.  However, the registration server was also shut-down which means that any attempt to install it on a new computer fails as it must register the product before it can be used.  So when my old computer failed I can no longer use the product which I think quite disgraceful.

0 Kudos
IanBrooke
Level 5

Please be sure to see my reply to Jennifer, I would not want you to suffer the same fate that we did!

0 Kudos