- Revenera Community
- InstallShield Forum
- Re: How to tell a suite install where the packages were staged
- Mark Topic as New
- Mark Topic as Read
- Float this Topic for Current User
- Printer Friendly Page
How to tell a suite install where the packages were staged
I know the /stage_only switch for a suite installer, to decide where to stage the packages. So, after doing this, how do I run the suite from another computer, and tell it where the packages were staged. I cannot find any information on this in the documenatation.
Has anyone tried to do this?
Any help is appreciated, thank you
Hi @ckari_genetec ,
As you are aware stage_only command runs the staging part of suite setup and extract packages specified by the user in BrowseStageFolder page if it is been used in setup else you can achieve it via:
- Setting the directory value to ISRootStagePath property
- It can be achieved via commandline as well using Setup.exe /stage_only ISRootStagePath="C:\MyStagingArea" but you will be able to see suite setup wizard page of BrowseStageFolder to set this property
- Once that is done all your packages are extracted and you can run those from GUID directories inside the mentioned directory (here:C:\MyStagingArea)
Let me know if this helps,
What our customers would like to be able to do is stage the packages once, and then run the suite installer so that it gets the packages from the location where they staged the packages, rather than from the location defined inside the suite project.
Is there a way to do this?
Hi @ckari_genetec ,
I had quickly tested this behavior,with following steps:
- Created a Suite setup with necessary packages been added
- In the other machine,i had executed the command:Setup.exe /stage_only ISRootStagePath="C:\MyStagingArea"
- It will ask for install which will update the package root-stage directory
- Now on executing setup.exe,it will pick it from staged location.Is this not working for you?
- "it gets the packages from the location where they staged the packages, rather than from the location defined inside the suite project." -Can you elaborate this?
- You can use extract from setup.exe as well why do you go for stage_once option,is there any specific use-case?
Unfortunately no, thsi did not help. I created my own action to zip the downloaded packages, so that the user can copy it to another machine.