cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckari_genetec
Level 3

How to tell a suite install where the packages were staged

Hello,

I know the /stage_only switch for a suite installer, to decide where to stage the packages. So, after doing this, how do I run the suite from another computer, and tell it where the packages were staged. I cannot find any information on this in the documenatation.

Has anyone tried to do this?

Any help is appreciated, thank you

Claire

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @ckari_genetec ,

As you are aware stage_only command runs the staging part of suite setup and extract packages specified by the user  in BrowseStageFolder  page if it is been used in setup else you can achieve it via:

• Setting the directory value to ISRootStagePath property
  • It can be achieved via commandline as well using Setup.exe /stage_only ISRootStagePath="C:\MyStagingArea" but you will be able to see suite setup wizard page of  BrowseStageFolder  to set this property
  • Once that is done all your packages are extracted and you can run those from GUID directories inside the mentioned directory (here:C:\MyStagingArea)

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Thank you Jenifer, I am aware of this.
What our customers would like to be able to do is stage the packages once, and then run the suite installer so that it gets the packages from the location where they staged the packages, rather than from the location defined inside the suite project.
Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Claire
0 Kudos

Hi @ckari_genetec ,

I had quickly tested this behavior,with following steps:

• Created a Suite setup with necessary packages been added
  • In the other machine,i had executed the command:Setup.exe /stage_only ISRootStagePath="C:\MyStagingArea"
  • It will ask for install which will update the package root-stage directory
  • Now on executing setup.exe,it  will pick it from staged location.Is this not working for you?
  • "it gets the packages from the location where they staged the packages, rather than from the location defined inside the suite project." -Can you elaborate this?
  • You can use extract from setup.exe as well why do you go for stage_once option,is there any specific use-case?

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Thanks Jennifer,

Unfortunately no, thsi did not help. I created my own action to zip the downloaded packages, so that the user can copy it to another machine.

Regards,

Claire

0 Kudos