cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fouadromieh
Level 3

How to set wild-card patter in the dynamic for a file in a specific folder

Hi,

I have a case where I need to exclude file from a specific directory in my package at the dynamic file linking, so I'm wondering how to achieve this.
I've used .\ and also the folder path, but no luck.
Please advise.

Regards,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
DLee65
Level 13

You cannot specify File paths in the exclude pattern. To accomplish what you desire create a dynamic link for each folder and do not select the option to include subfolders. For the folder that you want to exclude a particular file, add the file name to the exclude pattern.
0 Kudos
fouadromieh
Level 3

DLee65 wrote:
You cannot specify File paths in the exclude pattern. To accomplish what you desire create a dynamic link for each folder and do not select the option to include subfolders. For the folder that you want to exclude a particular file, add the file name to the exclude pattern.

Thank you
Why in this article its mentioned that .\ can do this job? where is this applicable then?
http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield19helplib/helplibrary/SteDFL-Filter.htm
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

I misunderstood. Sorry. I made the assumption you were talking about a MSI installer and not a suite package.
The relative path option should be working for you then.
0 Kudos
fouadromieh
Level 3

DLee65 wrote:
I misunderstood. Sorry. I made the assumption you were talking about a MSI installer and not a suite package.
The relative path option should be working for you then.

No your're right am talking about MSI installter > Components > Dynamic file linking
But I thought this could be an option there also.
I don't know what is suite package.
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

The article you referenced applies to the Suite/AdvancedUI project type only.

I do not think this option is available to any other project type.
0 Kudos