cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marko41
Level 2

How to set target operating system for each of file

Hello,

I am starting working with Install Shield 2013. Up to now I worked with Express edition 2010.

I need to install (copy) some of files depending on target operating system (Vista, win7..)
There is no possibility to define for which OS (Vista, WIN7 ….) will be some file installed. This was possible to define in Express edition 2010 (File/Properties/Advanced/Target operating system).

Does anybody have any experience with this problem.?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Reureu
Level 10

Hi,

What type of project are you working on? InstallScript? Basic MSI? InstallScript MSI?

Maybe you can define some Component conditions?

And may I just ask (I'm just being nosey): what is your use case?

I understand the need to install some files depending on which OS is installed, but your application will not work correctly if your customers upgrade their OS.

Regards,
0 Kudos
marko41
Level 2

Hi,

I am working on Basic MSI.
I am preparing an installation, that must work on different OS. This is the request.
For different OS I have to install files with the same name on the same place (for ex. usbser.inf - needed for USB communication), but it is not possible to include into project except they are defined for different OS.
As I said this was possible to define in Express edition 2010 (File/Properties/Advanced/Target operating system).

Regards
0 Kudos
Reureu
Level 10

Yep, you need to define some component conditions. See the screenshot below.

You must define a condition that uses the "VersionNT" (and/or "VersionNT64) property. See here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa372495%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

I hope that helps.
Regards
0 Kudos