cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ralphster
Level 6

How to selectively install certain files?

Jump to solution

I working on an InstallScript project. During installation I need to be able to allow or prevent certain files from being installed to the target folder. How can I do that? My script logic will determine what files to install, so I need to prevent certain files from being installed.

Side note, Currently all of my files for deployment are in a subfolder named "MunHauserSound"under the "Application Target Folder" which can be viewed in the installshield APPLICATION DATA folder under files and folders in the installshield application. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
Thananjeyan_M
Level 6

Hi, 

Create a new FEATURE and map the files that you want to prevent from installation. Use installscript FeatureSelectItem function to select and deselect the feature.

// Set the selection status of  NewFeature to not selected. (It won't deploy your files)

E.g FeatureSelectItem (MEDIA, "NewFeature", FALSE);

Thanks,

Thananjeyan

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
Thananjeyan_M
Level 6

Hi, 

Create a new FEATURE and map the files that you want to prevent from installation. Use installscript FeatureSelectItem function to select and deselect the feature.

// Set the selection status of  NewFeature to not selected. (It won't deploy your files)

E.g FeatureSelectItem (MEDIA, "NewFeature", FALSE);

Thanks,

Thananjeyan