cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjfan001
Level 2

How to rename Setup.exe?

This seems to me a very simple question but I just couldn't find a way to do it in InstallShield 2014. Attached is the picture of my InstallShield setup project. Can someone please tell me where (in which section) I should look into just to rename setup.exe to something else? Thanks.

BTW, the "Insert Image" icon on this forum post does not work at all. It simply grays out the entire screen and does nothing!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
PlinyElder
Level 7

In the Installhield GUI its under the "Media\Releases" section. Then go to your main release folder. Its under the "Genreal" tab

0 Kudos
tjfan001
Level 2

That's the problem. My screen does not have that. I'm using InstallShield Express. Does this mean that Express does not provide such a feature?
0 Kudos
seraphire
Level 3

I don't have InstallShield Express so this is just a guess, but if you are building the project through Visual Studio, you might be able to add a post-build script within Visual Studio to rename setup.exe to something else? I've used that in previous versions of Visual Studio to rename configuration files before we packaged.
0 Kudos
datamine
Level 6

Just a guess here also, would it not be in "Releases" under "Prepare for Release"?
0 Kudos