cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ranjit_Kumar
Level 6

How to remove the folder while uninstalling itself

Hi All,

I created a folder and did not make as permanent.

While uninstallation all files are removed from that folder, but folder is not get deleted and if trying manually also it is giving acess denied error.

What would be the reason for not getting deleted even manually.

How to remove the folder while uninstallation itself?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Lurean
Level 8

the only reason it should be denying you access is if there is still a file there or another process has a hold on that folder. If the application you are uninstalling is a service make sure to stop and uninstall the service from the service manager during uninstall.

can you manually delete the folder after the uninstall is completed? Is the folder still there and still locked out after a reboot?
0 Kudos
Ranjit_Kumar
Level 6

yeah, even after the completion of uninstalltion also, if i try manually to delete the folder, its not getting deleted.
0 Kudos
Lurean
Level 8

sounds like one of two issues. Either the user that is doing the uninstall does not have the needed permissions, or a process is still holding onto the folder.

you can use a freeware application called Unlocker to get a list of processes holding a file or folder. http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

There are many other applications that can do the same thing, it is just the one I am familiar with.
0 Kudos