cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thunder
Level 5

How to reRegistration/Activation IS2008 on a new machine

Hi,

I have a serial number and registered on a old machine, now I want move my IS2008 to a new machine and I have uninstall IS 2008 on old machine(with internet connection),

after that I have install IS 2008 on my new machine but when I verify my SN on http://shop.acresso.com/registration/serials.aspx the web page always tell me XXXXXXXXXXXXXX:This serial number has already been registered.

anyone who can tell me how to reRegistration my SN to new machine

Thanks a lot.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
rags_msi
Level 3

send offline message to accresso,they will send you txt file .browse that txt file and activate your IS2008.please connect Internet.

Thanks
Rags:p
0 Kudos
Venkat_VK
Level 4

thunder wrote:
Hi,

I have a serial number and registered on a old machine, now I want move my IS2008 to a new machine and I have uninstall IS 2008 on old machine(with internet connection),

after that I have install IS 2008 on my new machine but when I verify my SN on http://shop.acresso.com/registration/serials.aspx the web page always tell me XXXXXXXXXXXXXX:This serial number has already been registered.

anyone who can tell me how to reRegistration my SN to new machine

Thanks a lot.

Hi thunder,

I too having the same problem and not able to install the IS2008 in a new PC. Please update the thread if you succeed the install by the way suggested by Rags.

Thanks,
Venkat VK
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Registration and activation (also known as verification) are two different things. Registration is a one-time thing. Once you have registered your serial number, you no longer need to register it again.

If you are moving InstallShield from one machine to another, you need to first uninstall it from the first machine. When you uninstall it, it is deactivated. Then when you install it on the new machine, you need to perform the activation (verification) again. For more information, see the following help topics:
Verifying Through the Internet
Verifying Through Email
0 Kudos
thunder
Level 5

I have try to reinstall IS2008 again after complete all install progress(with my SN), I lunch IS2008 the installer always tell me "Trial license has expired", when I click "OWN" link, I still can't Verify my SN,
I will try offline activation later.

If there is an old trial license installed on my machine, When I reinstall IS2008 with new SN the setup program update the old trial license I'm right?
0 Kudos
Venkat_VK
Level 4

DebbieL wrote:
Registration and activation (also known as verification) are two different things. Registration is a one-time thing. Once you have registered your serial number, you no longer need to register it again.

If you are moving InstallShield from one machine to another, you need to first uninstall it from the first machine. When you uninstall it, it is deactivated. Then when you install it on the new machine, you need to perform the activation (verification) again. For more information, see the following help topics:
Verifying Through the Internet
Verifying Through Email

Hi,

What DebbieL says as -" first uninstall IS2008 from existing / old machine and during the uninstall, it's deactivated' may be correct.

But it will not applicable to my case, as my old machine got crashed and NOT possible to do the uninstall and deactivate before going to a new machine.

Suggestions please.

Thanks,
Venkat VK
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Venkat: If you cannot deactivate on the old machine, please contact Support at installshieldsupport@acresso.com.
0 Kudos