cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ralphster
Level 6

How to prevent "Modify, repair, or remove the program"

Jump to solution

I have an installshield project which I use to collect some user information through text boxes, and then finally run a batch file using the "LaunchAppAndWait" function call. All works well except that if I run the installshield installation a second time,  a  dialog box is displayed with radio buttons asking me to select whether to "Modify", "Repair", or "Remove" the program. 

How do I prevent this dialog box from displaying? t is not needed, since my project does not actually install any files. As I said, it just calls a batch file which already exists in a target directory.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Hi @ralphster ,

You can customize the things how you want to execute during the maintenance operation, if you want to do exactly what you are configured in function OnFirstUIBefore() then you can call all that functions from OnMaintUIBefore like below to popup the new dialog:

function OnMaintUIBefore()
number nResult, nType;
string szTitle, szMsg;
begin

// nType defaults to MODIFY.
nType = MODIFY;

//Initialize SQL
OnSQLServerInitializeMaint();

// Beginning of UI Sequence
Dlg_Start:

// Added in Version 9.5 - Support for REMOVEONLY option.
if( !REMOVEONLY ) then
// In standard mode show maintenance dialog
Disable( BACKBUTTON );
//nType = SdWelcomeMaint( szTitle, szMsg, nType ); // Hey Banna, commenting this out did not work, nor did setting it to REPAIR Please help!

Enable( BACKBUTTON );
nResult = NEXT;
szTitle = "Simple Dialog";
szMsg ="Enter the name";
nResult = dlgSimpleDialog();
FeatureReinstall();
return;

else
// Hide the initial progress dialog as otherwise the user can
// click on it, and hide the MessageBox.
Disable( DIALOGCACHE );

// In RemoveOnly mode, set to remove.
nType = REMOVEALL;
endif;

// Show Uninstall Confirmation Dialog
if ( nType = REMOVEALL ) then

....... continues till end.

And if you do not want to get the  Maintenance complete dialog box in this particular scenario, you can customize that also in OnMaintUIAfter function as in the attached screen shot image.

View solution in original post

(13) Replies