cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HangTran
Level 3

How to not rename the setup file after install CD.

I am using InstallShield 2019 to build CD. In the Disk Image(s), setup file is created with name "setup.exe" and i set the Single .exe File Name with "EZDesigner.exe". After install the CD to PC, "setup.exe" is renamed to "EZDesigner.exe".  What would it take to keep the name "Setup.exe" for the setup file?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @HangTran ,

Single.exe File Name field under Setup.exe tab of releases view(InstallScript Project) is meant for renaming the setup.exe,you had opted for renaming.But you want the setup name to be setup.exe after installation,i am confused with this.

Please help us understanding this with more details if any.

If you dot want to rename,you can leave this filed empty.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Hi @Jenifer ,

> After build, the Media>Releases is as following:

1.png

2.png

> After installed CD from the package "EZDesigner Installation.exe", i got:

3.png

>>>When i "open file location" of the uninstall shortcut of the software that i have just installed, it couldn't browse me to the file which is specified in the properties still with name "setup.exe" due to it has been renamed to another name. In the older version of install shield i didn't have this problem. I think, if as you said that the  Single.exe File Name field is to rename the setup.exe, it should update the properties of the uninstall shortcut with the new name, too. Could you instruct me what to do to able to open the location of uninstall shortcut?

Thanks and regards,

Hang

0 Kudos

Hi there, do you have the answer for me?
0 Kudos