cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carsten
Level 4

How to make my own themes?

How to make my own themes?

Themes enabled (in Macrovision world) means 2 themes; classic and one looking like the classic? :confused:

-cpede
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

InstallShield Express Edition includes two dialog themes. The Premier and Professional editions include additional themes. (For a look at the themes that are available in Premier and Professional, see the following page in the Premier/Professional help library: Available Themes and Corresponding Dialog Sizes.) InstallShield does not currently include built-in support for creating custom themes.

Note that in the Express edition, you can change dialog images in your project through the Dialogs view. In the center pane in this view, click Dialogs. Then, edit the Global Dialog settings in the grid on the right. So, if you want to use your own images on your project's dialogs, you may want to consider trying that.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos
carsten
Level 4

So, I was right.

How to change the setup.exe icon in single executable builds?

-cpede
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

InstallShield does not include built-in support for changing the Setup.exe icon.

You may want to try using a resource editor to change the icon in the stub .exe files that are installed with InstallShield (default location = C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS 2008 Express\Redist\Language Independent\i386). Some people have reported in various InstallShield forums that they used that method.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos
ArtistScope
Level 3

DebbieL wrote:

Note that in the Express edition, you can change dialog images in your project through the Dialogs view. In the center pane in this view, click Dialogs. Then, edit the Global Dialog settings in the grid on the right.

Where is this "Dialogs view" in Installshield Express??
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Please see the screen shot below.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos
sarlagahlawat27
Level 2

hello..
I have a problem in changing the xml node value. can anybody help me?

e.g..
I have xml file like

localhost

i want to change the value by machine name on which the setup is installed.
like lmnhyz
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

sarlagahlawat27,

Your question is unrelated to the other discussions in this thread. I recommend that you post your question in a new thread in the forum that applies to the version of InstallShield that you are using:
http://community.flexerasoftware.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133

That way, your post will receive better visibility.
0 Kudos