cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jophyjob
Level 4

How to install SQL CLR object with installShiled Setup ?

Hello all,
Is it possible to install SQL CLR object with instllashield Setup . Now we are creating A SQL CLR object (UserDefinedFunctions) for our project we like to install it on client machine on setup install and use the SQL CLR object in our application .

With regard ,
jophy
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello Jophy,

Have you tried adding the primary project output to the installsheild project and check if you able to use the SQL CLR object in your application after installation?

Regards,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
anurag_shetti
Level 3

chiranjeevi wrote:
Hello Jophy,

Have you tried adding the primary project output to the installsheild project and check if you able to use the SQL CLR object in your application after installation?

Regards,
Chiranjeevi

Hie,
There is an build error while compiling this project i have sent you the error message and the sample application.

Regards,
Anurag Shetti
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

Please right click on the primary output object in the 'Destination computer's files pane and select 'Resolve project output'. You can find few files that are dependent on the project. Add them manually to the project and try to build it.

Kindly let us know if this helped in solving the error.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
anurag_shetti
Level 3

Chaitra wrote:
Hi,

Please right click on the primary output object in the 'Destination computer's files pane and select 'Resolve project output'. You can find few files that are dependent on the project. Add them manually to the project and try to build it.

Kindly let us know if this helped in solving the error.

Thanks,
Chaitra

Hi Chaitra,

Thanks for the quick reply. I performed the steps according as you suggested, but there were no files in the project dependent dialog box.

Regards,
Anurag
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi Anurag,

This is a known issue for solutions in which the project for the output to be resolved is not in the directory containing the solution or a subdirectory of it.

For example, it will happen if your solution is at C:\docs\solutiondir and your vcproj file is at C:\docs\someotherdir, the problem will happen. It won't happen if you move the vcproj file to C:\docs\solutiondir or C:\docs\solutiondir\subdir.

You can refer the following link for some information about this error, while we shall investigate this issue and get back to you at the earliest.

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?125798-Problem-resolving-Visual-Studio-NET-Project-Output

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
anurag_shetti
Level 3

Hie Chitra,

I have tried the method that you mentioned but still i am getting the same error.

Thanks and Regards
Anurag Shetti
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi Anurag,

Thank you for the update.

We are currently working on this issue and will get back to you at the earliest.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Regards,
Chaitra
0 Kudos