cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BINUTB
Level 5

How to include SQL Server 2017 Express edition in Installation Requirements section

Hi,

Using Install Shield 2018 Trial version

In the Basic MSI Project, SQL Server 2017 Express edition is not available in Installation Requirements section

Please advise
1. How to include SQL Server 2017 Express edition in MSI Project. (Under Installation Requirements - Required Software, pls see the attached )
2. How to include installation file of SQL Server 2017 Express(in Install shield Project Assistant) for install while running installer.

Regards
Binu
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
BINUTB
Level 5

BINUTB wrote:
Hi,

In the Basic MSI Project, SQL Server 2017 Express edition is not available in Installation Requirements section

Please advise
1. How to include SQL Server 2017 Express edition in MSI Project. (Under Installation Requirements - Required Software, pls see the attached )
2. How to include installation file of SQL Server 2017 Express(in Install shield Project Assistant) for install while running installer.

Regards
Binu

Hi, anybody can help....
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

BINUTB wrote:
Hi,

Please advise

Regards
Binu

Hi,

It is about creating configuration ini file & placing it into C:\InstallShield\\Searches folder.Configuration file contains registry entry as well condition for existence.
InstallShield will pick automatically from the folder

Update:

Find the attached file,rename extension to .ini and place it

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos
BINUTB
Level 5

Thanks Jenifer...

How to include installation file of SQL Server 2017 Express(in Install shield Project Assistant) for install while running installer.

Regards
Binu
0 Kudos
BINUTB
Level 5

Hi Jenifer,

That means how to automatically install SQL Server 2017 Express through the install setup file created by Install Shield.

While running setup file message "SQL Sever 2017 Express need to be installed for the installation to continue" will shown.
My requirement is automatic installation of SQL Sever 2017 Express while running setup file.

Regards
Binu
0 Kudos
BINUTB
Level 5

BINUTB wrote:
Hi Jenifer,

That means how to automatically install SQL Server 2017 Express through the install setup file created by Install Shield.

While running setup file message "SQL Sever 2017 Express need to be installed for the installation to continue" will shown.
My requirement is automatic installation of SQL Sever 2017 Express while running setup file.

Regards
Binu

Hi

Anybody have an idea about my requirement ?

ie: i wish to install SQL Sever 2017 Express automatically by the setup file created by Install Shield.

Regards
Binu
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

BINUTB wrote:
Hi

Anybody have an idea about my requirement ?

ie: i wish to install SQL Sever 2017 Express automatically by the setup file created by Install Shield.

Regards
Binu

Hi,

System requirement section can only alert you whether your installation has all things setup,it can't help you with installation.For that you need to add pre-requisite for SQL2017 express installation.Hereby attaching sample pre-requisite file for SQL-2016 express,you can change it accordingly for SQL-2018 express.

Links from where you want to download sql setup you can search it online.

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos
BINUTB
Level 5

Thanks Jenifer
0 Kudos
BINUTB
Level 5

Jenifer wrote:
Hi,

System requirement section can only alert you whether your installation has all things setup,it can't help you with installation.For that you need to add pre-requisite for SQL2017 express installation.Hereby attaching sample pre-requisite file for SQL-2016 express,you can change it accordingly for SQL-2018 express.

Links from where you want to download sql setup you can search it online.

Thanks,
Jenifer

Hi Jenifer,

Added Pre-requisite for SQL Server 2017 Express

below is the .prq file

On running setup file SQL Server 2017 Express is not installed in the target pc

Please advise the reason/ any additional steps required for this

Thanks in advance

Regards
Binu
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

BINUTB wrote:
Hi Jenifer,

Added Pre-requisite for SQL Server 2017 Express

below is the .prq file

On running setup file SQL Server 2017 Express is not installed in the target pc

Please advise the reason/ any additional steps required for this

Thanks in advance

Regards
Binu

Hi,

You are missing core part in pre-requisite file,i.e entries.I hope you had removed conditions & operating system conditions since you dont want it explicitly.

Please have a look at following sample entry:

Things to correct:
-Give files\file\LocalFile entry as relative path,so that it can pick from the folder irrespective of specific machine.
-Fill execute details with file.commandline ,action etc which is mandatory

Hope it helps,
Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos