cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexandrV
Level 3

How to display some info at the end of install?

I'm trying to do a very "simple thing" - to display some information at the end of installation as the last but one screen in screens sequence.
I created my own custom dialog with this info, the question is where I should call it in the script?
If call it from OnMaintUIAfter and OnFirstUIAfter event handlers, it is not displayed after upgrade.
If I call it from OnInstallFilesActionAfter, it is displayed as the second dialog over the main screen and I didn't find a way to hide the the window under my dialog.

Any suggestion how to do this?

thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
gridman
Level 8

Besides OnFirstUIAfter and OnMaintUIAfter, there is a OnUpdateUIAfter. It is called at the end of an upgrade.;)
0 Kudos
AlexandrV
Level 3

gridman wrote:
Besides OnFirstUIAfter and OnMaintUIAfter, there is a OnUpdateUIAfter. It is called at the end of an upgrade.;)

the problem is that OnUpdateUIAfter is never called in my MSI InstallScript project.
Is there any other event that I can use in case of Upgrade?
0 Kudos
gridman
Level 8

Does the OnUpdateUIAfter event handler exist in your InstallScript code? If not, you can add the event handler by going and selecting it out of the lists at the top of the script view.

If the update handler does already exist, but is not being called, then I am not sure about that one.
0 Kudos