Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Christoph
Level 8

How to deselect features AFTER Costfinalize

Hi,

(I'm using IS 2015 Premier)

I defined several features with the installlevel accordingly (no conditions set on these features)

After the license agreement dialog, I've created a custom dialog where you can choose an option(besides 2 other ones), that only call's some other msi installers, and that's it.

So it should not install any of the defined features and components(the 2 other options do but his aside)

So, roughly said, all features should be disabled when choosing this specific dialog option.

What is the easiest way to achieve this?

As the dialogs comes after the costfinalize action, I don't see it for the moment šŸ˜‰

Any help appreciated!

Update: I tried to add the REMOVE=ALL action on the NEXT button of that custom dialog (when I know which option the user has choosen).

This works as far that all features are disabled BUT in this case, no Programs and Features entry is created (as it probably sees it as a complete uninstall this way). This is not the behavior I want...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Christoph,

If i understand you correctly, you a project with feature and components and when one custom dialog with 2 option A and B, when user selects A, it will install a msi package, so that you dont want to install any other component and Feature from main installer? 

You can try a suite project with adding 2 feature and each package added to separate feature and on installation user selects one feature the other should get disabled and based on user selection that specific msi will get installed, you can try this.

0 Kudos

Hi Varul,

thank you for your input and fast reponse.

I understand the solution you propose but for design reasons this is not really possible to be honest.

I will safe you the detailed explanation.

You see it correct. I'm developing one new msi installer at the moment.

Choosing Option A, like you call it, will not install any defined features and components but will call a couple of msi installers (I already made longer ago).

Choosing Option B, will lead to the custom selection dialog and will install the selected features.

So Option A will skip the custom selection dialog, but also needs to disable all defined features.

Is there no other solution possible? Playing around with the REMOVE and ADDLOCAL properties maybe?

As already said, setting REMOVE=ALL will not install any feature in case of option A, but will neither not create an uninstall entry. And I don't want that.

Hopefully it is clear to you what I try to achieve...

0 Kudos

Hi @Christoph,

Thank you for your post.

Sorry about the delayed response.

InstallShield 2015 has reached its end-of-life so InstallShield 2015 no longer supported. Could you please upgrade to a supported InstallShield version and open a support ticket so we can track this issue? This will allow us to best track this issue in order to best assist you.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

0 Kudos