cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tikluganguly
Level 2

How to create 64 bit setup

Hi All,

I am a newbie in InshallShield. But I must say it is a very impressive product. I am using InstallShield 2012 Spring Limited Edition for Visual Studio. And my version of visual studio is VS 2012. Every time I am creating the setup it is always creating only 32 bit setup. But I want it to create 64 bit setup. Can you please let me know how can I do that?

Regards
Anirban
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

InstallShield 2012 Spring Limited Edition for Visual Studio does not support creating 64-bit installations at this time, as template summary specification is not available. If you wish to create 64 bit setups , you will need to upgrade to Installshield 2012 spring professional or premier editions.

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
cjorgensen
Level 3

chiranjeevi wrote:
Hello,

InstallShield 2012 Spring Limited Edition for Visual Studio does not support creating 64-bit installations at this time, as template summary specification is not available. If you wish to create 64 bit setups , you will need to upgrade to Installshield 2012 spring professional or premier editions.

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi

I wish to say that this is very unprofessional. x64 is starting to be the standard, and Microsoft isn't even supporting x86 in server anymore. So, not supporting it with the LE of Installshield is extremely unprofessional. I assume that Flexera is getting some sort of Kickback as it is the only option that ships with Visual Studio 2012. Microsoft has dropped the bomb on this one and to make me shell out 650, 2k or 4k for this software to make an installation, when I can get Visual Studio Professional for $500 and for me to create a professional installation for my customers will cost me $4,000.00 is beyond my comprehension!

How do you people sleep at night!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
cjorgensen
Level 3

I wish to post again that I feel that this is wrong and so over priced to create an installation.
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

Sorry, that you are not happy. I can understand your intention towards the feature, which should present in Installshield Limited Edition.

We will bring this feedback to the notice of our product management team.Definitely, they will be working towards a possible solution on this and you can expect the missing feature be included in future editions of Installshield Limited Edition.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

This feature is made available in the beta version of installshield limited edition for VS2013, which can be downloaded after succesful registration from http://learn.flexerasoftware.com/content/IS-EVAL-InstallShield-Limited-Edition-Visual-Studio .

Note that it works as the same way like 64-bit support in Installshield Express editions.

Please refer "Challenges of Supporting Both 32-Bit and 64-Bit Target Operating Systems" topic in installshield 2013 express edition help.

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

The final released version of InstallShield 2013 Limited Edition is now available. For information on how to obtain this new version, see the following thread:
NEW VERSION: InstallShield 2013 Limited Edition for Visual Studio 2013/2012/2010
0 Kudos