cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naveed
Level 6

How to change Location of MSI package (release folder)

Currently when I build my InstallShield 2010, Basic MSI project, the MSI Package and related files are placed in:

Installer\Default Configuration\Debug\DiskImages\Disk1\........

How Can I modifiy it so that Msi package is directly placed in:

Installer\........

Please help. Thanks

Naveed
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Lurean
Level 8

you can set it to be copied to any given location in the post-build tab of the releases view. If your installer is very large this copying can take a while, but other than that it works fine.

I use this to drop all the installers we build into a specific location since our product produces multiple installers for a given release.
0 Kudos
Naveed
Level 6

Hi Lurean

Thanks for the answer. I am a new user. I couldn't find the setting you specified in your answer. "post-build tab of the releases view"
How can I locate this setting in Basic MSI project? Thanks

Naveed
0 Kudos
Lurean
Level 8

in the releases view select one of your releases and you should see a series of tabs along the top of the right hand panel, one of those tabs will be "postbuild" if you select that tab and set the value for the "copy to folder" to the location you want it to drop the installers at and set the "Distribute after build" to "Yes" it will copy the installers when the build is complete.

in the releases view you have a treeview
Releases
-+{Product Configuration}
--+{Release}

The {Product Configuration} and {Release} will be named differently depending on what you named them, but it is the {Release} node you want.
0 Kudos