cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coly
Level 3

How to add check boxes in the prerequisites dialog?

Hi all,
I have configured a basic install to include the SQL Server 2005, .NET 3.5 Framework SP1 and MSXML 6.0 SP1. When I run the install on a machine without the SQL Server 2005 and MSXML 6.0 SP1, the prerequisites dialog displays as expected. If I click on Install button, a message box with Yes and No buttons will be showed to ask if I want to install or not for each.

However, I do not want it works like this. I would like to add check boxes for each above softwares in the prerequisites dialog so that users can decide which one they want to install before installing my setup project. (do not want to use message box with Yes/No buttons)

My project is Basic MSI.

Can somebody please help me in achiving this ?

Thanks in advance!!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
francesco
Level 2

Hi coly,

I suppose that your prerequisites are installed before feature selection at the very beginning of your setup.
If you want to select which software is going to be installed you must attach each prerequisite to a feature with param 'Required' set to no.
Then go to the 'Redistributables' panel, 'Conditional Instalation' view in order to associate feature and prerequisite.
Then in the SetupType dialog you will be able to select or not your software options.
Best regards.

coly wrote:
Hi all,
I have configured a basic install to include the SQL Server 2005, .NET 3.5 Framework SP1 and MSXML 6.0 SP1. When I run the install on a machine without the SQL Server 2005 and MSXML 6.0 SP1, the prerequisites dialog displays as expected. If I click on Install button, a message box with Yes and No buttons will be showed to ask if I want to install or not for each.

However, I do not want it works like this. I would like to add check boxes for each above softwares in the prerequisites dialog so that users can decide which one they want to install before installing my setup project. (do not want to use message box with Yes/No buttons)

My project is Basic MSI.

Can somebody please help me in achiving this ?

Thanks in advance!!!
0 Kudos
coly
Level 3

Thanks for reply, francesco.
That means we can not customize on Setup Prequisites dialog? 😞
Regards,

francesco wrote:
Hi coly,

I suppose that your prerequisites are installed before feature selection at the very beginning of your setup.
If you want to select which software is going to be installed you must attach each prerequisite to a feature with param 'Required' set to no.
Then go to the 'Redistributables' panel, 'Conditional Instalation' view in order to associate feature and prerequisite.
Then in the SetupType dialog you will be able to select or not your software options.
Best regards.
0 Kudos