cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tyjin59
Level 2

How to Run an application after an install (no UAC)

Hello all,

I've made a driver install program. this setup program has some applications too.
This setup program has the UAC elevated right because this has the driver install function.
so, If I launch my application in this setup program, it is launched with UAC elevated right.

I want to launch my application "without UAC elevated right".
How can I do for this purpose?

How to run an application after an install?

Thank you a lot.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
deramor
Level 6

In the Installshield help, under the LaunchApplication topic, there is some information for doing the opposite of what you want. I'm not entirely sure what you need can be done but knowing how to do the opposite is a place to start a Google search at least. The relevant text:

If you are using LAAW_OPTION_USE_SHELLEXECUTE on systems running Windows Vista or later and you want to launch the application using the full administrator account (similar to right-clicking the executable file to be run and clicking Run as Administrator), set LAAW_SHELLEXECUTEVERB to runas before using LaunchApplication in your script:

LAAW_SHELLEXECUTEVERB = "runas";

This ensures that the application is always run with full administrator privileges regardless of whether the application to be launched has an application manifest with relevant settings. Note that this may trigger a User Account Control (UAC) prompt for consent or credentials.

On systems running operating systems earlier than Windows Vista, if runas is used, a Run As dialog box is displayed. The behavior is similar to right-clicking the executable file to be run and clicking Run As. This dialog box enables the end user to select the user account that should be used to run the application.
0 Kudos
tyjin59
Level 2

Hello deramor,

I've solved this problem in my application codes.
I could remove administrator privileges from createprocessasuser.

Thanks anyway.
0 Kudos