cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raghvendra
Level 4

How to Launch an application without user Action

Hi All,
I am creating an application setup using install script (lauchAppAndWait), I want to install my App without any type of user action that's why i am not giving permission to user regarding App launch (see screen shot)

but when i am running my application then after installation application does not launch, can anyone help me on this ??
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
rrinblue22
Level 9

While you choose "Yes" in screenshot you have all that InstallShield does is adds a custom action (IS_LAUNCH_MY_PROGRAM_PLEASE) to launch the specified file.
usually its tied to Finish dialog... so you can just navigate to Finish dialog in Dialogs view and strip off the condition against the action....

this will ensure that the application is launched while you press on Finish button the finish dialog.
0 Kudos
Raghvendra
Level 4

rrinblue22 wrote:
While you choose "Yes" in screenshot you have all that InstallShield does is adds a custom action (IS_LAUNCH_MY_PROGRAM_PLEASE) to launch the specified file.
usually its tied to Finish dialog... so you can just navigate to Finish dialog in Dialogs view and strip off the condition against the action....

this will ensure that the application is launched while you press on Finish button the finish dialog.

Hi rrinblue22
thanks for your reply, Now it's working 🙂
0 Kudos