cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbarlow
Level 7

How to Install msvcr80.dll in InstallScript Project

I need to install the Microsoft C Runtime Library 8.0 with my installation project. Microsoft provides a file (vcredist_x86.exe) for download that installs the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributable package which includes this file. this does not appear to be an available option in IS 2008 (the latest runtime library I see is Microsoft C Runtime Library 7.1). Has anyone done this before or does anyone know how to do it? Do I have to upgrade to IS 2009?

Thank you for your help!

Clark
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

We have no built-in support for vcredist_x86.exe, nor do I believe we install it. However it's perfectly fine for you to acquire it and wire it up in your install. Just be sure to do it as a prerequisite if you're using an MSI project type.

There are also merge modules for this runtime. I forget if we include those, but if we don't they should also be available from Microsoft or the Visual Studio install. Unfortunately the merge modules can have ordering issues if any part of your installation requires using the runtimes being installed.
0 Kudos