cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active participant

How to Create Logs for MSI,EXE in Suite UI

Hi 

I'm creating unified installer with 4 MSI files,3 Exe files and 1 Suite project exe files for our project.

I want to get separate logs in %TEMP% folder for all the packages(msi,exe & Suite exe) during installation.  

I tried to enable the Log option and pass the log command line but it is not working 

Kindly help me to get all the logs.

Thanks,

Thananjeyan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Pilgrim

Re: How to Create Logs for MSI,EXE in Suite UI

Fitness 19 is the spot where you can work out and burn some calories. While numerous individuals discover the issues of long term contracts as an obstacle to joining the gym center 

Fitness Survey 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera beginner

Unfortunately, just having the "Enable Logging Support" doesn't actually create the log. 

I have not tried to do this myself but, for the MSI's, what happens if you add something like to the Install "MSI Command Line"?

/L*v [PATH_TO_WHATEVER]installLog.log

Do the logs get created when you run the Suite with "setup.exe /debuglog"

A fail-safe option that I tend to do with a custom action is actually set the MSI logging option in the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer]
"Logging"="voicewarmupx"

This will create an MSI***.log in %TEMP%%

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Active participant

I'm trying to create log for MSI package and added below line in "MSI Command Line" but it fail to generate msi log file in specified path. /L*v [PATH_TO_WHATEVER]installLog.log Any idea to generate msi log from Suite UI project.
0 Kudos