cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_alza
Level 4

How do I include the .NET Framework?

When I build InstallShield project I get this Warning:

Warning 2 -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework. ISEXP : warning : -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework.
0 Kudos
(10) Replies
SwethaRao
Level 7

Dear User,

Kindly review the below KB article and follow the suggested steps to overcome this warning:-

http://flexerasoftware.force.com/articles/en_US/ERRDOC/Q107665

Let us know if you need any further help.

Best Regards,
Swetha
0 Kudos
j_alza
Level 4

Hello Swetha,

I read the link, but don't understand how to do it.

In Visual Studio -> InstallShield solution -> Prepare for Release (with number 6) -> Releases (opened with double click). I can't find the 3rd step of the link "In the property sheet at right, set the .NET Framework Location property to a value other than Do Not Include."
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

You may get rid of the warning message by setting the Default .NET Scan at Build File Setting to “None”.

This option is found under InstallShield LE -> Options ->.NET.

Kindly set this option before adding any files to the Installshield Limited Edition Project.

Please see the attached image for your reference.

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi

0 Kudos
eva_rivera
Level 2

None of the listed solutions resolved my problem. the Customer Community Tab continues to pop-up each time I build or try to edit my code. It is very annoying. I also keep getting a script error dialog as well and as many times as I dismiss it, it pops up again at least 10 times before completely going away until the next edit or build.
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

Could you please be more specific about the error that you have mentioned below?

If the issue is related to the Community tab popping-up and the script error dialog, we are currently working on the issue as it is reproducible on our machines as well. We will provide you with a solution for the same as soon as we hear from our engineering team.

I kindly request you to elaborate about the 6245 error that you are currently facing.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
j_alza
Level 4

Hello Chiranjeevi, as eva.rivera sais, the problem persists when I change the Default .NET Scan at Build File Setting to “None”.

Hello Chaitra, I have this problem from the beginning, and don't know what is.
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

Could you please confirm about the Default .NET Scan at Build File Setting? Kindly remove all the files added to your setup project, and then set this property to "None" and only after that re-add the required files and build your project all over again.

Could you kindly provide us with a reproducible sample project so that we can investigate this issue for more detailed information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
j_alza
Level 4

Hello Chaitra,

I'm trying to make a sample project, but I don't get this warning... :confused:
0 Kudos
perkinm
Level 3

1) Changing the settings in "Options" does not stop the error.
2) There is no ".NET /J# tab" in the Project Assistant/Wizard to "set to anything other than Do Not Include".
0 Kudos
perkinm
Level 3

perkinm wrote:
1) Changing the settings in "Options" does not stop the error.
2) There is no ".NET /J# tab" in the Project Assistant/Wizard to "set to anything other than Do Not Include".

Addendum:

To avoid the error, the option must be changed in the Properties of the Primary Output. If done as described in the screen shot, it does not effect the current project.

Item 2, "How to INCLUDE" the framework is still an open question.

mp
0 Kudos