cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kedarnath
Level 3

How do I create BASIC MSI PROJECT using Installshild for .NET 3.5 webapplication

Hi All,

1. How do i create BASIC MSI PROJECT web application, if am wrong which project I need to select?
2. using setup how do i host the application in IIS using MSI.
3. i dont get any help on this.

Please Provide any link are please any one tell me the steps,

Note: I am new to this product.

Thanks & Regards
Kedarnath
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Lurean
Level 8

There is a huge section in the help file on how to set up a web application in an installshield project, and on how to configire and install it to IIS.

Just use the help index and go to the section on IIS.

Generally you will need to have a virtual directory specified on a website that will map to the physical directory that your web application resides in. You will also need to either create an application pool or add it to the default application pool for the website. Look at the help file on how to do these things as it goes into a good level of detail.
0 Kudos
kedarnath
Level 3

Hi Lurean,

Thank you very much.

Regards
Kedarnath

Lurean wrote:
There is a huge section in the help file on how to set up a web application in an installshield project, and on how to configire and install it to IIS.

Just use the help index and go to the section on IIS.

Generally you will need to have a virtual directory specified on a website that will map to the physical directory that your web application resides in. You will also need to either create an application pool or add it to the default application pool for the website. Look at the help file on how to do these things as it goes into a good level of detail.
0 Kudos
kedarnath
Level 3

Hi Lurean,

I have installed installshield 2010 professional licenced version with SP1 in my windows 2003 server.

1. I have created Basic MSI project in Visual studio Team System 2008.
2. After creation Basic MSI project i have used in Team Foundation Server MSbuilds below code i imported in MSBUIDS.

3. If i triger the build i am getting below error.

Settings\Temp\CENDUIT\WinForm_Setup\Sources\Dev\TestApplication\WindowsApplication\Setup2\Setup2.isproj(29,10): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\InstallShield\2009\InstallShield.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

4. Then i have checked .isproj file , there its showing import file

The question is: I have installed installshield 2010 professional but when i create new basic msi project in side .isproj the import file is showing
this the error: \InstallShield\2009\InstallShield.targets

then i am trying to change below like this
\InstallShield\2010\InstallShield.targets

i am getting error bellow error,
C:\Program Files\MSBuild\InstallShield\2010\InstallShield.targets(62,3): error : -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized. You must launch the IDE to configure the product license in order to proceed.
C:\Program Files\MSBuild\InstallShield\2010\InstallShield.targets(62,3): error : Exception Caught

Please help any one
thanks and Regards
Kedarnath
0 Kudos
aurora7795
Level 2

Hey Kedarnath, did you manage to resolve the problem with the expired licence when building via TFS? I have a legit LE licence through Visual Studio but it doesn't seem to be seeing it 😞 I can build the installer via Visual Studio but all my automated builds fail, argh!
0 Kudos