cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DataAnalyzer
Level 8

How do I clone/copy/duplicate Product Configurations?

Under Releases, I have a product defined with multiple releases.

I'd like to duplicate a product and all its releases but can't seem to see how to do this. Any suggestions?

I can clone a release within a product but I'd like to move it to another product. Is that possible?

Finally, all the releases use the same Signing information. I'd like to duplicate that or share that in one central place rather than defining it for each release manually. Is that possible.

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
chandu_mca06
Level 4

I guess this might be helpful

First open your project in wordpad and search for product configuration section. Copy the whole section

Open your second project in wordpad and paste the above copied configuration and rename the product configuration to some name and save it.

Now open your second ism file with installshield IDE and youcan see the new configuration settings as well.
0 Kudos
rrinblue22
Level 9

I think the project should be saved in XML format before you could open it in a text editor.
0 Kudos
DataAnalyzer
Level 8

Thanks for the pointer.

The contents of the ISM file is quite daunting and I'm always afraid I'll screw up the program by editing XML directly. I found these sections:

1. The name of the product configuration is listed here which I could easily add another line.

2. The details of the particular build is here with a separate row for each value which is again, easy to duplicate.

3. There seemed to be two sections for the details of each release:
ISRelease and ISReleaseExtended.

Is that it?
0 Kudos