Turn on suggestions
Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type.
- Revenera Community
- InstallShield Forum
- How can i change the Shortcut names by script
- Mark Topic as New
- Mark Topic as Read
- Float this Topic for Current User
- Printer Friendly Page
Aug 16, 2019 07:02 AM
How can i change the Shortcut names by script
I want to change the Application shortcut name by InstallShield script. Any One Can help me please .
I am attaching the screenshot.
Aug 16, 2019 02:19 PM
Hi @Sashikanta ,
I had attached sample script in the attachment Setup.rul which contains below functions:
- ExFn_AddFolderIcon-Function that adds shortcut to application file that is in INSTALLDIR in both start menu & desktop during installation
- ExFn_DeleteFolderIcon-Function that deletes shortcuts from both the places during un-installation
- MyFunction-Function that sets productName
Attachment contains snapshots that shows custom-actions with install execute sequence(With conditions if required):
- Shortcut_SetproductName.PNG-InstallScript CA which sets product name by calling MyFunction
- Shortcut_GetINSTALLDIRProductNameProps.PNG-InstallScript CA which has property name as function name ExFn_AddFolderIcon by which you can retrieve both INSTALLDIR & productName properties
- Shortcut_GetOnlyProductName_CA.PNG-InstallScript CA which has property name as function name ExFn_DeleteFolderIcon by which you can retrieve productname for shortcut deletion
- Shortcut_AddFolderIcon_CA.PNG-InstallScript CA which calls ExFn_AddFolderIcon function on installation
- Shortcut_DelFolderIcon_CA.PNG-InstallScript CA which calls ExFn_DeleteFolderIcon function on un-installation
- Please take the contents of setup.rul and apply it on your setup.rul and create these five installscript custom-actions to validate application shortcut under INSTALLDIR gets added/removed.
- In the code change the exe name(here:explorer.exe to your application name)