cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NevilleL
Level 2

Hotfix 52410 - Why does it require a CD to be present?

Hi all,

I just tried to startup InstallShield 2010 Express SP1 and it seems to be trying to install hotfix 52410. It seems that this hotfix requires an original InstallShield CD to be loaded into the CD drive. Currently, the original CDs are located in our other office in another city.

Does anyone know why on earth a hotfix requires an original CD to proceed? Is it possible to simply startup InstallShield without proceeding with the hotfix? I cannot find a way artound the requirement to run the hotfix at IS startup. All I want to do is to run a test installation but I cannot get past this need to run the hotfix at IS startup.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards,
Neville
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
wollka
Level 4

Maybe you can try downloading the trial version from InstallShield website... and reinstall IS... Then activate it with your license key.
0 Kudos
NevilleL
Level 2

Hi Wollka,

Thank you for your reply. I tried to uninstall IS 2010 Express, in order to download the trial as you suggested, but found that I could not uninstall the program. I had a message indicating that I can only proceed if I was an administrator, which I am for the computer in question. This was a very strange result so I aborted the uninstall idea.

My next approach was to insert the original IS 2010 Express CD and instead of Uninstall I chose Repair. After a few minutes of reading the CD, the process then completed but with no message. I then simply tried to startup the program again from the desktop icon and, presto, it started up without the annoying request for an external CD.

I now wonder why the program needed to be repaired this time - that will be the next query, particularly if the problem reappears at a later time. But until then, everything is back to normal.

Regards,
Neville
0 Kudos