cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agarabaghi
Level 2

Help with a project?

Last year we created a distributable CD which basically allowed who ever used it to install the needed programs to get onto our network (College network). It is that time again (beginning of the school year is in August) and we need to update this project with the newest version of all the software...

Is there an easier way to do this, like just replacing the install files with the new ones?

Or will i have to basically re-create a project and start from scratch...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

The programs which it installs are:
Mozilla Firefox (needs to be updated to the newest release)
Novell Groupwise (needs to be updated)
Symantec Antivirus for XP and Vista (needs updating)
Novell (needs updating)

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
agarabaghi
Level 2

basically what i want to know, is if there is an easier way for me to update the setup files for eahc program? can i just replace the files somewhere??? :confused: :confused:
0 Kudos
GrantWilson
Level 3

@Amrein wrote:
I'm an Australian student. How can I build Windows installers and MSIX packages? Also: I need to do my college project and create installations directly within Microsoft Visual Studio. Is it possible?

via domyhomeworkonline

Hello Amrein,

We did a similar project with my students at Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College. Our team cooperates with Microsoft Imagine Academy and students from North Carolina Central University). I can ask for sharing permission to publish our achievements here.

0 Kudos

any ideas? 

0 Kudos

Hi @fuoosssssss ,

Can you tell us that what kind of help you are looking for?Since the previous replies on this thread didn't correlate?

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos