cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
king4south
Level 3

Help please : Language Selection dialog - Unicode characters

Hello,

I am using Installshield 2011 for creating a mutlilingual setup creation.

Now the requirement is : In the language selection dialog, need to list the supported languages names string in its original language. as seen in the attachement1.

This I have done by editing the .ini files in the support folder.

But the unicode characters are not getting displayed properly and I just get square boxes as shown in the attachement 2. eg: Text for Crotia, Bulgria Russia etc.,

Please help me how to resolve this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Note : Build Machine is running Windows XP
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Shekar
Level 7

what type of project is this? is it an installscript or msi based projects? you can navigate to releases->build->enable build UTF 8 database. this should help you.
0 Kudos
king4south
Level 3

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
We are using Installscript Project Type.

Can you please let me know how to enable build UTF 8 database?
I am not seeing any such option in the Releases -> Build.

Underlanguages, I have selected all the required languages. But to display the supported languages names string in its original language, I have edited the .ini file in the support folder.

Please see the options I have selected in Releases->Build in the attached screenshot.

Also please find the sample ini file changes - under languages section, which I have done in C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2011\Support\0x0409.ini.
0 Kudos
Shekar
Level 7

looking at the snapshot i believe this is an installscript ptoject. in these project types, you do not have build utf option. these are available only in msi based projects. could you please upload a sample ism file which shows this behavior?
0 Kudos
king4south
Level 3

Hello Shekar,

Yes, It is Installscript project type as mentioned in my previous reply.
I have attached the sample ism file for your reference.

Please note that I have edited the .ini files in hte support folder to display the languages names in their native language. Not sure this is the only approach to achieve this.

Please let me know if you need my modified ini files also.

Request your support.

thank you.
0 Kudos