cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbsdis
Level 6

Help on checking differences on two installers

Hi,

Our product (InstallScript MSI with IS2009) uses major upgrade, using Upgrade table and also 'Upgrades' panel under 'Media' in IDE (setting UPGRADE01 variable if detected installed 1.0.0 - both use '1.0.0' as minimum version for the version range).

Now we ran into a problem: we have version 2 (V2) and version 3 (V3) built, the only difference is the version bump. The problem is that V2 can detect V1, but V3 can't.

I created the log file (setup.exe /V"/l*v") and found that V3 didn't detect the installed V1 on the system. I tried the upgrade with the same envirornment (after installing V1) for V2 and V3, so they should be the same. But in the log files, 'FindRelatedProduct' CA of V2 found the installed product code, while V3 didn't.

Again, I only bumped version from V2 to V3, no other change(s) on either .ism file or other scripts. It's weired and confusing to me, I can't see where else in the log file I can find hints for the problem. So I post the two log files (v2.txt and v3.txt, separately, for upgrading from V1 to v2, and v1 to v3) for help.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
PB
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
DanCla
Level 5

You haven't said anything about the product code and upgrade code. I believe they should all have the same upgrade code but different product codes.
0 Kudos