cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gridman
Level 8

Having Trouble with Suite Detection Condition

I have the Premier version and I'm using a Suite to install prerequistes for SQL Server 2014 Express with Tools SP1. And I am downloading the files from my client's website because that's the way he wants it.

For .NET 3.5 SP1 and .NET 4.0, I imported the prerequistes. Those are working fine. But there are no prerequisites for the Tools version of SQL Server 2014 Express. So, I added the files as an Exe package.

My problem is with the detection condition. I created the sames conditions for the Detection and Eligibility as I found with the SQL Server 2014 Express RTM prerequisite. However, when I run the installation on Win 7 x64, the package is never triggered for install.

I don't have a condition on the corresponding Feature, so that is not what is causing the problem.

The screenshot is attached. Does anyone have any ideas? These Suite conditions can be tricky.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
rguggisberg
Level 13

You are assuming 64 bit version of SQL. Perhaps you actually have 32 bit version of SQL????
0 Kudos
gridman
Level 8

Actually, the two packages I added that are SQL Server really are x64 and x86 files like they say they are. I think my problem is with the conditions. Even though I copied them from similar prerequisites (SQL Server 2014 Express), they are not getting triggered.

When I generate a debuglog, it shows that no packages are selected for installation. So, something is wrong with the conditions. The installation does not even get to the point where it stages the files. I think if I had the wrong version, it would at least stage the files, then run it and give an error. But, I can't get anything to run.

Thanks for the reply.

Rod
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

What I was getting at is that you may need to use HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\...
Have you verified that the registry key you specified does actually exist?
0 Kudos
gridman
Level 8

Yes, I have verified that. I installed SQL Server 2014 Express with Tools SP1 (x64) and found that the registry matched the conditions for SQL Server 2014 Express RTM (x64). And also, the entry is in the 64-bit part of the registry.
0 Kudos