cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krubin
Level 7

Have not been able to integrate InstallShield 2021 R2 with Visual Studio 2019 professional

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are evaluating InstallShield 2021 R2.

I installed the InstallShield before the VS 2019 Professional.

I can see my installer (.ism) project, but when clicked on it said "incompatible". I added it to the solution as an existing project. However, I do not get the build popup, when doing a right click on the installer project. There is also a plus next to the project showing "Pending Add."

I followed a procedure at https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Forum/InstalllShield-2018-R2-installer-won-t-register-Visual-Studio/m-p/159052

Here I executed the the command shown at the following directory:

C:\Program Files(x86)\InstallShield\2020\System\TSConfig /registerVSIP

The command did not help. Please advise.

Thank you,

Ken

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken (@krubin),

Thank you for your post.

The command for InstallShield 2021 would need to be:

C:\Program Files(x86)\InstallShield\2021\System\TSConfig /registerVSIP

with 2021 in the path instead of 2020.

However, you would first need to unregister VSIP for InstallShield 2020, if that is present on the build machine, with the following command:

C:\Program Files(x86)\InstallShield\2021\System\TSConfig /unregisterVSIP

Please give that a try and let us know whether that works for you.

If the issue persists, could you please try uninstalling then reinstalling InstallShield to try to enable the Visual Studio integration with VS 2019 Professional? Please give that a try and let us know whether that works for you.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken (@krubin),

Thank you for your post.

The command for InstallShield 2021 would need to be:

C:\Program Files(x86)\InstallShield\2021\System\TSConfig /registerVSIP

with 2021 in the path instead of 2020.

However, you would first need to unregister VSIP for InstallShield 2020, if that is present on the build machine, with the following command:

C:\Program Files(x86)\InstallShield\2021\System\TSConfig /unregisterVSIP

Please give that a try and let us know whether that works for you.

If the issue persists, could you please try uninstalling then reinstalling InstallShield to try to enable the Visual Studio integration with VS 2019 Professional? Please give that a try and let us know whether that works for you.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos
krubin
Level 7

Hi Ian,

It turned out that I did have InstallShield integrated with VS 2019, because Visual Studio was showing InstallShield projects. This is by doing what you pointed out above. The project showed itself as incompatible. I  thought to reload the Install Project, then it was ok. The only other thing we need to do before we sign on with InstallShield 2021 is to kill a process, which is not currently happening. I will enter another post for that.

Thank you,

Ken

0 Kudos