cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hard-code "c:\Program Files"

ˆˆI have an application that has batch files that point to "c:\Program Files" - When I install the .MSI in Windows 7 64bit, it is using the ProgramFiles variable(c:\Program Files (x86), path and not the hard coded path I put in. Even though I put in C:, and the Program Files underneath that as the documentation suggests.

I have the seen the forums on creating a hybrid project and doing some scripts, but that is all a little over my head right now and I was just trying to do this through the Project Assistant.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Officially, MSI will substitute even hard coded references to program files as part of an application compatibility approach ( basically microsoft assumes you didn't know what you were doing and that they know what you really meant to do ).

Unofficially- read this thread to find a hack that I figured out to work around this.

http://www.joyofsetup.com/2010/03/27/wix-msbuild-v2-0-and-x64-systems/
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thank you - After reading through comments on that blog I found someone say to use "C:\Progra~1" - It worked for me.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

That was me. 🙂

Realize though that Microsoft might 'fix' this in a future release of the windows installer.
0 Kudos