cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1shoke1
Level 4

Get Suite GUID in Installscript

I have a suite project and I need to add a bit of installscript to it. Is there a property that already has the SuiteGUID that I can use?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
rguggisberg
Level 13

1shoke1 wrote:
I have a suite project and I need to add a bit of installscript to it. Is there a property that already has the SuiteGUID that I can use?

Try using PRODUCT_GUID
0 Kudos
1shoke1
Level 4

Is there documentation for PRODUCT_GUID? I'm just getting blank if I use suitegetproperty on that.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Right... PRODUCT_GUID is a read-only system variable... not a property. If your want it to be a property and your GUID never changes you can set the value for 'Suite Guid (on 'General Information' page) into a property of your choice.
0 Kudos
1shoke1
Level 4

My SuiteGuid changes every build which is why I need a way to get it. (If I can just look at the read-only Product_Guid thing that would work too but I'm not sure what installscript to use to see it)
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

1shoke1 wrote:
My SuiteGuid changes every build which is why I need a way to get it. (If I can just look at the read-only Product_Guid thing that would work too but I'm not sure what installscript to use to see it)

At what point do you need this? If it is during uninstall you can get it from the Uninstall info in the registry.
0 Kudos
1shoke1
Level 4

During install. We want to set certain uninstall information and I can't get to it without knowing the suiteguid which is part of the registry key. The General Information tab doesn't let you set it dynamically which is what we need. Since we allow side by side installs (this is crucial to our app) having every single instance show the same information in add/remove programs really isn't ideal. It's confusing. At the very least if I could change the DisplayName to be something determined at install time that would be good enough. The installscript for suite installers seems heavily limited so I might have a package do it since atm that seems easier but the package is still going to need the SuiteGuid.
0 Kudos