cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teknix1
Level 3

ForceReboot During Uninstallation

Hi,

During the uninstallation of our product a reboot (possibly multiple ones) is required. I was thinking of using the ForceReboot standard action but it just doesn't behave the way I want it. Either after rebooting the installation (not the uninstallation) resumes or I get some strange errors about an installation in progress. I suspect the ForceReboot action is meant to be used during the installation part only. I did try to change my code to reboot during installation instead and that works, but that's not what I want to achieve.

Has anybody ever been able to accomplish this? Is there another or better way of doing this?

Thanks
Nic
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
harid38
Level 5

teknix1 wrote:
Hi,

During the uninstallation of our product a reboot (possibly multiple ones) is required. I was thinking of using the ForceReboot standard action but it just doesn't behave the way I want it. Either after rebooting the installation (not the uninstallation) resumes or I get some strange errors about an installation in progress. I suspect the ForceReboot action is meant to be used during the installation part only. I did try to change my code to reboot during installation instead and that works, but that's not what I want to achieve.

Has anybody ever been able to accomplish this? Is there another or better way of doing this?

Thanks
Nic

Did you solved it, i'm facing the same problem now..
0 Kudos