Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasondao
Level 2

Flexera software

Hi Flexera Community,

I'm pretty new to this community and have just started using Flexera recently

So I wonder if Flexera could remove applications or not?

For example there are some installs of application ABC in our environment (shopify ecommerce). We have no licenses for it and we want to remove it from all the devices the Flexera agent has picked it up on. 

Can we send a command with Flexera to remove them. Is there a component or add-on that can be purchased to do this?

Regards

Jason

I'm Jason Dao, Manager of Research & Development Department at Avada Ecommerce. Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite.
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Jason (@jasondao),

Thank you for your post.

There isn't an automatic way to bulk remove all 100 applications. You would need to custom configure your InstallShield project to iterate through the list of applications one by one and launch each command to uninstall.

You would need to decide your project type first: Basic MSI, InstallScript, or InstallScript MSI.

With a Basic MSI or InstallScript MSI project, you could try writing / implementing an InstallScript custom action to take care of this.

With an InstallScript project, you could try writing / implementing InstallScript code to take care of this.

Troubleshooting for this issue will, most likely, get very involved, so you would need to navigate to Get Support > Open New Case in the top menu before proceeding.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

0 Kudos