Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GarrisonCao
Level 2

FlexNet Licensing Server

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Hope you are doing great. We have been using the "FlexNet Licensing Server" on a Windows 2008 machine to manage our InstallShield licenses.

Since Windows 2008 is end of life and Microsoft no longer provides support for it, so we will need to migrate to a new Operating System. Could you share with me about how to set up a FlexNet Licensing Server from scratch?

Thanks~

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Looking at the documentation that Revenera has, It looks like the OSes that you see are the ones that are supported. 
If you would like to use an OS that is not on the list then I would suggest reaching out to Technical support for more information about support for that OS. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Flex-Jeremy
Technical Writer
Technical Writer

Hi @GarrisonCao 
The following page has the documentation for setting up a new license server: 
https://docs.revenera.com/plc/en/installshield.htm#setup

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

One more question: I noticed that Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 are NOT listed on the "Supported operating systems". Could you confirm if I could install the FlexNet Licensing Server on 2016 or 2019? Windows Server 2012 is a little old too, so wanted to upgrade it to a newer version of OS.

0 Kudos

Looking at the documentation that Revenera has, It looks like the OSes that you see are the ones that are supported. 
If you would like to use an OS that is not on the list then I would suggest reaching out to Technical support for more information about support for that OS. 

0 Kudos