cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmonahan
Level 3

FilterMissingRequirements ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

I just applied an 11.501 fix pack and I am now seeing the following in our logs:
(Sep 28, 2007 7:48:02 PM), Install, com.installshield.product.wizardbeans.FilterMissingRequirements, err, java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
STACK_TRACE: 7
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
at com.installshield.product.wizardbeans.FilterMissingRequirements.executeDynSuiteFilter(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.wizardbeans.FilterMissingRequirements.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.StandardWizardListener.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.StandardWizardListener.currentBeanChanged(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.Wizard$RunThread.run(Wizard.java:1822)

I have gone through all 52 of our assembly projects and saved them with the current level of the code. I have also done deltas on the resulting changes to those files and do not see any length= changes that do not match the number of array items. I suspect that if it is a problem with a setting in the uip file, whatever is causing the problem has been there unnoticed until something was changed in the code. The problem is, what is InstallShield looking at in executeDynSuiteFilter?

Any suggestions?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
enanrum
Level 9

I've had these array index out of bounds errors several times with my projects, it seems to happen randomly to me - mostly in the section of the uip file! Sections of the .uip file just seem to disappear! It has happened in component section to me as well! I develop my projects on Solaris and not sure if when I have multiple projects opened is when it happens! I've also had some .java files become completely empty as well when altering projects!

ug!

I've basically had to cut and paste from another project several times! I do not know if this has anything to do with your issue but same error message!
0 Kudos
mmonahan
Level 3

We have gone through every project multiple times and have confirmed that every length value matches the number of arrayItems. I have compared every uip file with the version before the updates from the fixpack... with the exception of the removal of some very old JVMs, the changes seem to just be a little re-ordering and a couple new properties.

:confused:
We don't know where to go from here.
0 Kudos