cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denis_
Level 2

FeatureIsItemSelected always return errorcode -132

Hello together,

i have a problem by using the FeatureIsItemSelected function in a Basic MSI Project. The function call doesn't work, it always returns the errorcode -132.
When i used the function first time it worked fine but actually it doesn't work anymore and i don't know why.

The Features were created manually in InstallShield and not script based. For reason of testing the features are called "FT1" and "FT2".
So that the function call looks like this: FeatureIsItemSelected(MEDIA, "FT1")

I know that the error code means "media not found" but i don't know how to fix it.

Can someone help me?
Thanks.

regards Denis
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Depending on what you need to do with this information, in a Basic MSI you are better off either calling MsiGetFeatureState or using a conditional statement that includes &FeatureNameHere. Is it possible your working scenario was in an InstallScript project?
0 Kudos
denis_
Level 2

I need to write a config file at the end of the installation depending on what features were selected during the installation. MsiGetFeatureState i tried too, but it didn't helped me either. I read often about the conditional statement that includes &FeatureNameHere but i don't understand where i have to do this? At least it's really a Basic MSI and noch InstallScript solution. 🙂
0 Kudos