cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
korque
Level 3

Fatal error when migrating to 2008

I am facing some difficulties migrating my Installshield Developer 8 projects to 2008 Professional.
The articles of this forum helped me alot to solve some things but one error is still bugging me. I get ISDEV: fatal error 0: when building my project.
I did a verbose build and the logfile came with an additional error line so the complete error is ISDEV : Fatal error 0: The handle is invalid..

Can anyone give me some hints on where to look further? I've attached the log file.

I appreciate any response!

Rob
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
korque
Level 3

Can anyone still help me with this issue? I'm quite stuck.
If there's need for more info or detail, I'm quite happy to supply them.

Regards.

Rob.
0 Kudos
korque
Level 3

korque wrote:
Can anyone still help me with this issue? I'm quite stuck.
If there's need for more info or detail, I'm quite happy to supply them.

Regards.

Rob.

😞
The lack of responses made me start over again. I worked around the issue by completely designing the project from scratch. (including all the custom dialogs, external DLL calls... etc...) I'm a bit disappointed in this community. A waste of precious time if you ask me.
0 Kudos
fanasus
Level 4

you can try it with the following:

1. open Releases View In InstallShield 2008.
2. Select "Yes" for "Keep Unused Directories" on Build Tag of Release Configuration.

Hope this is helpful.
0 Kudos
MikeSchultzTX
Level 2

fanasus wrote:
you can try it with the following:

1. open Releases View In InstallShield 2008.
2. Select "Yes" for "Keep Unused Directories" on Build Tag of Release Configuration.

Hope this is helpful.

If this solution got you past the error 0, but when you run the resulting installation you get a message about the Directory table can not be built as a tree, then you've got an error, probably a typo, in the Directory table. Take a look at the Application Data/File and Folders for any missing directories. When I had this problem, I had misspelled a name in the Directory_Parent column of a row.
0 Kudos