cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FelipeP
Level 3

Extract COM information error

Hi,

Under Windows 10 (version 1903) I'm having problems using IsCmdBld.exe (R2 standalone) to generate a merge module due to it can not extract the COM data.

Extracting COM data from 29 component(s)
[SDEV : warning -4354: The build was unable to extract COM information from the file D:\Di stribution\Communications\Trace\P30riented\CXDrive_DDSAutodetect.dll in component CXDrive_DDSAutodetect.dll.AFAB2217_4[X E_413E_B82A_F50CBF4F9208. Please ensure that the file is self-registering and verify that the self-registration process Joes not fail.
[SDEV : error -5086: Treat warnings as errors [SDEV : fatal error -5087: Stop at first error

I can generate correctly using IS2019 Premier R2. The Premier and the standalone are located in different machines. As information the options used with ism project are: -p -v -w -x.

So my assumptions are:

•  It can be a dependencies issue in the standalone machine. But It seems that both have the same environment.
  • The IsCmdBld.exe is not working as expected, maybe under Windows 10?

Do you know any clue about this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @FelipeP ,

When you say you are able to build via InstallShield 2019 R2 IDE,does it get built without warnings as well?

The below mentioned warning  specifically:

[SDEV : warning -4354: The build was unable to extract COM information from the file D:\Di stribution\Communications\Trace\P30riented\CXDrive_DDSAutodetect.dll in component CXDrive_DDSAutodetect.dll.AFAB2217_4[X E_413E_B82A_F50CBF4F9208. Please ensure that the file is self-registering and verify that the self-registration process Joes not fail.

You are blocked during  IsCmdBuild.exe  because of -w command switch,which will consider warnings as errors and -x switch will stop the build on encountering errors.If you are fine with ignoring warnings you can remove -w command switch and give it a try.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Hi Jenifer,

Using InstallShield 2019 R2 IDE it does not appear warnings and the merge module is created properly.

If I remove -w, I suppose that the COM neither will be extracted, am I right?

In the past we used IS2013 with -w and now with IS2109 does not work. Do you think can be an environment issue?

0 Kudos