cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coJeff
Level 6

Extra/duplicate file weirdness.

This is a little strange. I was trying to solve a problem of a dll remaining behind after an install. I discovered the reference count was actually 2. I deleted the component containing the file and the reference count went to 1. Here is the weird part, I'm still installing the file even though I can find no reference to it in components (both dynamic & static) and in the direct editor. I deleted the file where I grab the files from but somehow its still being included. Any suggestions as to what to check. Like I said I already checked every table in the direct editor and every single component. The file has to be referenced somewhere.

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
coJeff
Level 6

Of course shortly after I posted this I found a merge module installing a the file.
0 Kudos
marko46
Level 2

Many games are too difficult to play as the computer becomes slow in operating it and the game would be played slowly with many maximum number of stuck ups. These problems often occur in computers that have a low disk space. After a lot of searching on Google i finally find Duplicatefiledeleter and very happy with its performance. It pinpoints all the duplicate files in my huge media collection. Give me the option to recover 200 GB of data and that too for free. It is really a very huge time saver and must have app for geeks like me.
0 Kudos