cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martin_boss
Level 2

Error when downloading Redistributables with InstallShield 2012

Under Windows 8, Visual Studio 2012 and InstallShield 2012, the following problem exists:

In Point-2 of InstallShield / Redistributables:
After selecting “NET-Framework 4.5 Full” (or any other NET-Framework), the following MsgBox appears:
„The Redistributable you have selected is either not installed on this computer, or there is a newer version available from Flexera Software. Would you like to download the redistributable now?

After selecting “Yes”, the following MsgBox appears:
The download failed; make sure you are running as Administrator, and that your machine is connected to the internet. Would you like to try again?

Please note, that all programs on this computer are German-Versions (Windows and Visual Studio = deu), the program runs under Administrator rights and the computer is connected to the internet.

The same Error appeared previously, using an English Visual Studio Version (enu) together with a German Windows 8 Version (deu).

Probably InstallShield does not recognize the German NET-Framework version and/or path and Windows does not accept to download an additional NET-Framework.

Additional Info
Windows
Version Windows 8 Pro
System-Type: 64-Bit-Betriebssystem, x64-basierter Prozessor
Product-ID: 00178-11203-45313-AB980

Visual Studio 2012 Professional
Language: Deutsch (VS2012_PRO_deu)
Version: 11.0.51106.01 Update-1

Net Framework 4.5
Version: 4.5.50709 (installed as Part of Windows 😎

InstallShield
Version: InstallShield 2012 Spring Limited Edition for Visual Studio
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Shekar
Level 7

this looks to be an issue with InstallShield. I believe they have a work order against this IOA-000074812.
0 Kudos
icumber
Level 2

Was this every resolved?
Only I'm having the same problem today in VS2010 in Windows7.
Just keep getting the following message dialog:

The download failed; make sure you are running as Administrator, and that your machine in connected to the Internet..... etc.

Can I get the files via another means and simply tell Installshield where to locate the merge module????
0 Kudos
notlogan
Level 6

It hardly matters as once you download them and include them in your project, InstallShield doesn't install them onto your target computer.

I got that error message for a while and then it mysteriously went away and my downloads were suddenly present.
0 Kudos