cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TopCat
Level 3

Error modifiying XML file 27519

I've seen others complain about this in past releases but I can not find a work around.:mad:

Details:

IS 2008 Premier
    Running inside of VS 2005
    Error 27519. Error updating XML file ... -2147024891

I am trying to modify an xml file using the XML File Changes feature.

The xml file is the only file in the component and is marked as the key file. The error is because the file is copied onto the target machine as read only and it cannot be modified during the install process, but the source location file is not read only. I have also tried overriding the attributes of the file but it stays as read only on the target machine. How can I get around this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I'm not sure why the file would end up read-only when it wasn't to begin with. If this is an MSI based project, you might try building a compressed release (so it can't copy the read-only nature of a CD-ROM disc), or making sure the custom action used to remove the read-only bit is deferred in system context. (If it's InstallScript, compression again might help to avoid the problem, but there won't be any contexts to worry about.)
0 Kudos
technomun
Level 2

According to Installshield, here are the steps to fix. I haven't verified this works yet but will update this post if it doesn't.

To fix this issue:
1) Please navigate to Custom actions and Sequence view
2) Navigate to "ISXmlInstall" custom action
3) Set the ISXmlInstall custom action's In-script execution to "Deferred execution"

Rebuild the project and that should update the XML file on the network drive.
0 Kudos
AJungen
Level 6

Thank You !

We are using IS2012 Premier and had the same Problem.
The solution worked!

We had no problems with normal Appdata path,
but the users Appdata was set to a network path ...

Tanks again.

Andreas
0 Kudos